Sunday, November 2, 2008

Eight Years Old!




Yesterday, in the midst of our crazy Saturday we were able to celebrate Porter's 8th birthday! Porter carefully kept track of each time I would say, "Happy Birthday Porter"...it's a tradition that I say it once for each year you are old...he would remind me, "Mom, that's five" or "Mom, only two more!" He was content to spend a good part of the day playing with neighborhood friends until it was time for the celebration to begin. This year for his birthday dinner Porter chose to go with dad to Sonic. He ordered a giant size popcorn chicken, fries, soda and a Butterfinger shake for dessert. He was as happy as could be and has enjoyed the "left overs" several times throughout the day today! After dinner with dad, we celebrated with gifts and cake and ice cream with the family.
I am so grateful for the brown-eyed baby of our family! He adds character to our family in a big way. There is a lot to love about Porter and in honor of his 8th birthday...here are 8 things I love about Porter:

1. I love reading with him each afternoon.

2. I love his sense of adventure.

3. I love his "holey" smile.

4. I love his grown up comments.

5. I love his quick "I love you Mom" at random times during the day.

6. I love his never ending energy.

7. I love the thought that goes in to his prayers.

8. I love his chocolate brown eyes. (still don't know how he got those!!)

Next Saturday, Porter will be baptized! I am so proud of his desire to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I'm so grateful to be Porter's mom. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to allow me to teach and guide him while we journey together on this earth.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday Porter! Eight is such a great age.