Friday, September 12, 2008

Blogging

So...about this blog thing! I created this blog a month or two ago but have felt very intimidated by the whole thing. I love keeping up with friends near and far through their blogs although I rarely comment. I've since been told that there is a name for doing that...it's called blurking I guess. The name makes it sound like a bad thing but I guess a lot of people do it. My hesitation with blogging is mostly that I sometimes wonder if what I do each day or have to say is really all that interesting. Then there is the thing about who you are really blogging for. For me personally, I guess I want a way to keep in touch with our extended family and friends all over the country and also as a way to journal the everyday events in our lives. I was such a faithful jounal keeper up until I had little ones and I am sad to think of all the memories lost because I didn't make time for journaling as a mother of little ones. I do have quite an impressive amount of scrapbooks starting with the time I met Scott up until the present...they are journaled...so I will give myself a little credit. What I hope a blog will be for me is a journalish type thing that allows me to remember the everyday things in addition to the scrapbook type stuff. Does that make sense?!? So...here goes! Wish me luck! And until I can get a little tutorial from my computer savvy kids, you won't be hearing any music or seeing any video clips on this blog!

1 comment:

Blarney Girl said...

Yeah!! You have a blog!! No more blurking!! :) I know a little of the techy stuff so don't hesitate to ask.

Now on to the rest of your posts!